Cats, cats and more cats in a high quality clinical environment.
After 18 months of extraordinary growth, winning the National Veterinary Design Awards for 2017, gaining ISFM Gold Standard and being the practice of choice for over 1000 of our feline friends, we are now looking for a new veterinarian to join us and help us grow The London Cat Clinic into an exciting and ambitious future.
Every job ad asks you to be dedicated, have a sense of humour, be hardworking, a people-person….we don’t expect this, we know you will all of these things. What we do want is someone whose passion hits us from the moment we meet you. A vet whose very mission it is to build fabulous relationships with our clients. An amazing clinician who will put your patients above yourself. A pursuit of perfection and going the extra mile. A committed care-giver, for nine lives and counting, and who can continue the clinical excellence on which our clinic is built.
If you apply, it will be because you have serious ‘cattitude’ and only want the very best for your patients. You will already understand why we get such great reviews and what this means for what you need to do.
You recognise and support the value and autonomy of both nursing and reception teams and will help to keep these teams moving forward with their skill set and knowledge development
Again, every ad requires that we should tell you we have all the ‘toys’. If your wish list includes a CT and MRI, well, we don’t, but if it includes everything other than those two, we most likely do. You can take a tour of the practice here, https://www.thelondoncatclinic.co.uk/take-a-tour/
By nature of being feline-only practice, work is medicine-biased but with medicine comes biopsies. The future will see the practice’s ability to do more of these as minimally invasive. If your medicine is sharp but you love surgery and have an interest in laparoscopy that would be perfection for us.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining our close-knit team and working in our purpose-built practice, we need you to have the following skills:
- Confident diagnostician
- Abdominal ultrasound to the level of having a go at finding a shunt and confident in all other areas. Experience and confidence with u/s guided fine needle aspiration and biopsies
- Basic Echocardiography (LA:Ao is a good start) with an interest to develop more
- Confident with all routine soft tissue surgery including exploratory celiotomy, full thickness biopsies, liver, pancreatic and renal biopsies, cystotomy, mass excisions
- Experience in dental radiography full mouth surgical extractions including nerve blocks
- Working knowledge of chemotherapy
It would be the icing on the cake if you also had the following skills:
- Echocardiography – Intermediate + CW/PW/E:A if these make sense and you know how to find them and what they mean you are probably at the right level
- Endoscopy – rigid and flexible – otoscopy, rhinoscopy, bronchoscopy, upper and lower gastrointestinal
- Member of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists (Feline/Small Animal/Diagnostic Imaging) or similar qualification.
- Advanced Practitioner in Feline Medicine
If you had Orthopaedic surgery experience, that would be the cherry on top but is not required.
- Given to unprovoked sudden tantrums or outbursts
- Believes in hierarchial veterinary practice with vets at the top
- Likes flying solo and using time management as a guide rather than the rule
- Scanned this ad first looking for pay, holidays, rota and lunchtimes (all of which are in fact generous and above average)
Check out our website, www.thelondoncatclinic.co.uk, take a look at what has been written about us on our Press Page and read our reviews on Facebook and Google. If you think you could be the one to help build on this success, get a 5* love-in from our clients and make clinical excellence beam across London, then we would love to hear from you.
We are not in a hurry and will wait for the very best fit for this role so if you are interested please contact me directly via email with an up to date CV and covering letter on why you would like to join us and what you think you can bring to the practice going forward. email@example.com
Veterinary Surgeon Jobs in England | Scotland | Wales | Ireland | Worldwide and
Veterinary Locums |
Follow VS Jobs on Facebook | Linkedin | Twitter | Contact
Click here to learn more about display and email advertising on VetSurgeon.org
Veterinary Forums | Veterinary News | Veterinary CPD | Veterinary Galleries
Veterinary Anaesthesia | Veterinary Cardiology | Veterinary Dentistry | Veterinary Dermatology | Diagnostic Imaging | Veterinary Medicine | Veterinary Neurology | Veterinary Oncology | Veterinary Surgery