AMAZING TEAM SEEK BRILLIANT VET AT AWARD-WINNING INDEPENDENT PRACTICE
When asked why you became a Vet, do you answer because you love working with people? Yes, we know it probably has something to do with animals too, but we haven’t seen a dog bring itself to see us on their own, so we want our Vets to love dealing with clients and be part of our exceptional and sometimes quirky team!
Our team want a Vet whose pet-side manner means that when we actively encourage continuity of care to a client that we know the pet couldn’t be in safer hands. This level of care is part of the reason why we see doing our own OOH as a non-negotiable plus (and if this doesn’t apply to you then you have our permission to stop reading now) who doesn’t love that little rush of having an exciting case in the middle of the night and the after-glow of a success with happy clients.
We love to develop people and our attitude to CPD is more “why wouldn’t you want to”. It would be a bonus if you already had a Post Graduate Certificate, but we don’t mind if you are working towards getting there as our three Certificate holders (including two Advanced Practitioners), and two more currently undergoing Certificates can help show you how they are rocking it! With all this brain power around it also means we are developing a first-class internal referral service which helps to progress everyone’s knowledge and understanding while clients get best service - win/win! If you have those hard-earned extra letters after your name, then maybe you want to develop your teaching potential with a desire to help us implement new clinical standards or enhance the gold standards we believe in.
If you like ultrasounds, laparoscopic surgery and dental procedures then perfect as we have invested in all the usual toys such as digital x-ray, ultrasound, dental x-ray, tonometry, piped gases, multi-parameter monitoring and full laparoscopy tower which integrates with our scopes. We have relocated, purpose-designed, and built two of our three sites within the last four years so can truly offer a fantastic working environment.
We have previously compared ourselves to a rare stub-footed toad (independent practice, becoming a rarity in the corporate common frog market) but maybe what we are really trying to say is we want to provide you with your fairytale “happy ever after” job.
The team are looking for a Vet who:
- Will hit the ground raring to go
- Loves a busy and varied small animal case load maybe with an area of interest which needs to be nurtured or developed
- Enjoys being part of a caring team inside and outside of work - we won’t make anyone do a 10k run or compete at go-karting if they don’t want to but it can be fun and we will be there to support you if you do
- Has amazing techniques and experience in surgery and dentistry - these areas are really important to us
- Can communicate complicated clinical options with clarity and compassion so a client knows their pet has the best people looking after them
- Has proven skills in managing medical and inpatient caseload
- Likes dealing with bonded clients and can wow new clients with gold standard customer care every time
- Has good knowledge and understanding of our feline friends and bunny buddies to enhance our status as ISFM Gold Standard Cat Friendly Clinic and Silver RWAF Awards
- Relishes the challenge of committing to regular shared out of hours rota
- Thrives in a conscientious yet flexible and friendly working environment
- Assists with supporting and teaching team members and participating in client education evenings
- Wants to achieve supported career progression and develop further skills with no set budget per individual for CPD
- Is fun and easy-going while working hard to get everything done
- Would jump at the chance of a fulfilling role in well-equipped modern forward-thinking practice which has the aim of being the practice of choice for clients, pets and staff
- Loves cake/is a good baker (optional).
Our team has grown massively over recent years and there are 10 Vets, 14 VNs and 16 Support Staff who work in three sites across North Somerset in Portishead, Nailsea and Yatton (all 20-30 minutes south of Bristol).
Here are a few snippets of our core values, beliefs and team personality:
The role is full-time but we would consider those looking for part-time work or job share. Salary dependent on sparkle factor. This Practice never stays still so it may be time to ask yourself if YOU are the superstar Vet our team is looking for?
Please prepare you best joke, and send CV and cover letter explaining your star qualities to Holly Charlton, Group Operations Director via email@example.com. No agency applications will be considered because we want you to do the introductions! Check out www.watkins-tasker-vets.co.uk/vacancies to hear about why our team love working here.
Veterinary Surgeon Jobs in England | Scotland | Wales | Ireland | Worldwide and
Veterinary Locums |
Follow VS Jobs on Facebook | Linkedin | Twitter | Contact
Click here to learn more about display and email advertising on VetSurgeon.org
Veterinary Forums | Veterinary News | Veterinary CPD | Veterinary Galleries
Veterinary Anaesthesia | Veterinary Cardiology | Veterinary Dentistry | Veterinary Dermatology | Diagnostic Imaging | Veterinary Medicine | Veterinary Neurology | Veterinary Oncology | Veterinary Surgery